* Specially formulated to be the safest and most effective product for use on aluminum boats, outdrives and outboards. It can also be applied to fiberglass, wood and other underwater metals.
* Highly effective antifouling protection from a new, improved version of Biolux® Technology for improved control of slime and algae growth.
* Slow polishing system makes it suitable for fast, active craft as polish-through at high speeds is avoided.
* Available in bright white, and a range of bright colors with long lasting color stability.
* Replaces Trilux and Micron 33. * For use below the waterline in fresh, salt and brackish waters.
Finish Low sheen
Specific Gravity 1.6
Volume Solids 55%
Typical Shelf Life 2 yrs
VOC (As Supplied) 390 g/lt
APPLICATION AND USE
BARE ALUMINUM Sand with medium grade (grit) emery cloth to a bright metal finish. Wipe clean. Apply one very thin coat of Viny-Lux Primewash 353/354. Prime with Interprotect 2000E/2001E. On sandblasted aluminum the Viny-Lux Primewash 353/354 can be omitted if priming with Interprotect the same day as blasting.
FACTORY FINISHED ALUMINUM Prime with Primocon.
BARE FIBERGLASS Begin by scrubbing well using soap and water and a stiff brush. Rinse with fresh water. Wipe a small area with a clean rag that has been wetted with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202. While the surface is still wet, wipe with a clean, dry rag. Continue this process until the entire surface has been cleaned. No Sand System - Apply one thin, continuous coat of Interlux Fiberglass No-Sand Primer. Sanding System - Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue. Wipe with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
BARE WOOD Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper. Clean with Special Thinner 216. Apply first coat reduced 10% with Special Thinner 216. Fill seams, if necessary, with Seam Compound Brown 30.
EPOXY COATED WOOD Begin by scrubbing well using soap and water and a stiff brush. Rinse with fresh water. Sand with 120 to 180 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue. Wipe with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202. Prime with Interprotect 2000E/2001E.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES with Trilux 33* or Trilux with Biolux Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper.
OTHER ANTIFOULINGS Sand surface, wipe clean. Prime with Primocon. Remove antifouling paint in poor condition with Interstrip Semi-Paste 299E.
Method At least 2 coats should be applied.
Hints Thinner Bare Wood - Special Thinner 216. Thinning Spray - Special Thinner 216. Cleaner Bare Fiberglass - Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202. Bare Wood - Special Thinner 216.